Thursday, June 2, 2011

My 24-hour pre-mission trip mini-vacation

I believe that set the record for the most hyphenated words in one blog title. But that hyphen-filled title was necessary to describe what this post is about!

Thanks to the travel expertise of my mother and my constant need to have every minute of my life plan, today went as smoothly as possible. Mom dropped me off at the airport at 4:30am, and when Siobhan finally arrived and got her bags checked 30 minutes later, we sailed through the expert traveler line, grabbed breakfast and sat at the gate for about 15 minutes before boarding.

After a two and a half hour layover in the Illuminati headquarters (Denver Airport), we exit row-ed it to San Diego, took a shuttle to our four star hotel, The Westgate Hotel in the Gaslamp district of downtown, and settled in. Siobhan and I went a block over to Horton Plaza, this amazing open-air mall with lots of restaurants and cool stores, and ate lunch. Then we came back, rested at the hotel and greeted the third and final American translator traveling with us, Sara Robb.

Tomorrow will be another day of adventure! We are taking the trolley down to the San Ysidro Border, walking across and being picked up by Misha Venegas, a Mexican translator who we'll be working with all summer. I am SUPER pumped about tomorrow, because I get to see my precious angel babies at the City of Children for playtime tomorrow. 

Pray that we have safe travels, moving from one country to the next for 8 weeks. Thanks for reading and I hope to post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment