Friday, June 10, 2011

Bittersweet endings, new beginnings

Well our first group is back in San Diego now, and we are anxiously awaiting our next groups! With a slight change of plans today (if you saw my feet, you'd see that they are in Mexico... that was for Doug), I'm going to be in Zorillo with Siobhan and Misha this week. Our group doesn't arrive until tomorrow, and I think we'll be staying at the Villa Marina tonight.

With that being said, I won't have internet at all next week to post blog entries, but I'll try to type some out during the week to post when I get back to Ensenada next Thursday or Friday.

God blessed us with an amazing first week. Three people were baptized into Christ this week at the church in San Vicente, and the classes that the Woodland Trace congregation prepared for the kids was absolutely incredible. It was so well organized and the kids were so attentive, always wanting to learn more and participate. Kudos to Renee, Janie and Linda for putting that class together and all the teenagers for their hard work also.


Yesterday we went to Erendira, a coastal town about a 30 minute drive from San Vicente. Though it was cold and windy, we spent some time on the rocky beaches there, reflecting on our time serving God that week. That was a lot of fun!

The Pacific Ocean, as seen from Erendira.

I'm sorry that I can't post more pictures in the blog. I can't upload any of the photos from my camera, so the few pictures I can add are the ones I take on my phone and upload when I get wireless.

I've never spent more than a few hours at the church in Zorillo, so I'm excited to spend an entire week working with brother Franco and the Friends of Zorillo from North Alabama. I'm pretty exhausted, so hopefully I'll find some time to rest during the next 24 hours.

Thanks for reading :)

1 comment:

  1. The beach is beautiful and you got to visit a new town! Have a wonderful week in Zorillo.

    ReplyDelete